"We pass through this world but once. Few tragedies can be more extensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without, but falsely identified as lying within."
--Stephen Jay Gould, The Mismeasure of Man


Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oliver...






He loves to paint and draw. The first thing he says when he wakes up is "I need to draw a picture." He sketches what he dreamed about and then always makes a picture for me to take to work. I'm glad he got his dad's talents...I think he's going to be pretty good at this. He also told me yesterday he needs 3 sisters and 3 brothers...still, the hold up is his name choices. Girls: E, Chicken and Cabbage. Boys: Oliver, Oliver, and Brussels Sprout. He even wrote them out on a list...girls names were in pink and boys names in orange. ADORABLE.

3 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

i love that blue wall behind the fireplace. oliver has quite the setup with his paints. thats awesome he paints so often. and quite the thoughtful list for future siblings names. although, doesnt he have one more than you originally planned for? i thought you only had six favorite names. guess you could compromise and have two olivers. jonas wants to reuse his name on baby #3.

Jennifer said...

I'm thrilled that I found you! I cant believe how big Oliver has gotten, but I guess it has been a number of years since we've been in the same state . . .
oxoxjen

Nina said...

I can't believe how many photos of Oliver can be posted on one Blog.