"We pass through this world but once. Few tragedies can be more extensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without, but falsely identified as lying within."
--Stephen Jay Gould, The Mismeasure of Man


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snow in Logan


It snowed today and I gave my students a test today so it seemed like the perfect way to continue to initiate them into the school thing. This semester ends next Friday, which has been weird because the kids just came back from a two week break to have two weeks in their classes to finish up. Mine are finishing up research papers and I hope they've learned something by being in my class, but I'm never quite sure because they just want to be out of school. They're all seniors and getting pretty tired of high school. However, I think I could say the same. I looked at the district calendar today three separate times and noted that I have less months to go than I have worked so I'm on the downhill part of the school year. I don't usually do this until March so I'm going to need to check this excitement for summer and put it in a box until March or it's going to be a long semester. Utah State starts next week and I got my syllabi completed for both classes I'm teaching. That feels good because I'm on top of things.

It's pretty outside though...it's always nice when a new coat of snow covers everything because after awhile it gets a little gray and icky in the winter and I know it's not going to melt for another couple of months so new snow is way better than no snow. And Wednesdays are always good because the week is halfway over and it's almost Friday. If you need to read a blog that updates you on what day of the week it is and how close that puts you to Friday and the summer, this is the place. I'm as anxious as my seniors to finish the semester, already! I'll try to sound less fixated on this and find more interesting things to post. That's the problem with regular posting...I'm not sure life is exciting enough to warrant the publication of each day. But...ahhhh, momentum, I'm going to keep it up just for that. Have a great day...Wednesday, that is. Two days before Friday, four months before summer.

2 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

That sounds so familiar. we're on the downhill side of our mission (but who's counting!!) but right in the middle of winter. Keep posting--I love to read any news from the good old USA.

Randy and Susan Landon said...

I love the snow picture and I can tell Oliver does also.