"We pass through this world but once. Few tragedies can be more extensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without, but falsely identified as lying within."
--Stephen Jay Gould, The Mismeasure of Man


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The sweetest little boy...

So, just as I was leaving for work, Oliver woke up and told me that for his birthday he would like to go without presents (a big sacrifice as he asked for a bike---he learned to ride without training wheels this summer) and would just like it if I came to his school to help with small groups. Easy enough! I've been given permission to go over when I have prep time as it is in the same district I work in and I've just been waiting to get a time from the teacher to go in. That will be so much cheaper than a bike...though we'll probably get him one of those too.

Then, I got home from work early and went with Ben to pick him up from school and on the way out Ben told him there was a surprise waiting for him. Oliver said, "Is it that mom is home?" Ben replied that it was even better (of course...I was in the car! Who wouldn't love that surprise?). Oliver's reply, "Nothing is better than mom being home." He's such a delightful little thing and definitely knows how to make us happy.

We're also on three nights in a row of family dinners...it's so much easier to do these things when I'm not in class until 10 at night...domestic bliss is mine this semester!

2 comments:

mandy said...

It is fun to read about what you are doing now. Oliver sounds so sweet--nice to have a adoring fan, right? Good luck with this new semester and finishing everything up!

Randy and Susan Landon said...

Sorry I am slow on the comments. I forgot to look in Reader.